Sunday, July 27, 2014

And Then There Were Seven


 

 
So, for the last 9 months or so, I’ve been busy housing a human.  And on June 29, Miss Harper Grace graced us with her presence.  She was about 2 and a half weeks early, weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces, was 20 inches long and is perfect in every way.   And in the time leading up to her arrival, I’ve been busy pink-ifying everything…obviously.  In case you didn’t know, it’s kind of my favorite color. 
From the second we found out we were having a girl (even before, actually), I knew I wanted gray & white stripes on one of her nursery walls.  And the plan was to  just do gray on the other walls.  And after about 20 trips to stores looking for furniture, I decided on gray furniture...and then I decided to put the crib on two walls...and one would have a window on it...and with these decisions I decided all gray walls weren't going to work.  And that's when I came up with this great idea to do polka dots.  It's a great idea...but the actual application hadn't really been thought through yet.  
 
After some research, I came up with a plan and got buy-in from the hubs, and together we created a nursery that far surpassed my expectations.  I love, love, love it! 

 We bought this thick-ish brown paper, did a lot of measuring (because my circles had to be perfect and a perfect distance apart for it to work for me...a hodge podge of circles all over the wall wasn't what I was after) and made a template (the first of many).  And then we started the taping and painting.

 


 
 
 And here is the finished paint job.

And then it was time to start the pink-ifying.  I decided to be crafty (and Lindsay and crafty do NOT go together, so this could have been a disaster) and make some fabric poms.  But, again, I was so excited with how well these turned out.  See, I CAN be crafty. 


I bought a lot of fabric and my very first hot glue gun, cut a lot of circles, glued them to make 'petals', glued them onto a Chinese lantern, put some ribbon on them for hanging and TA-DA!  A couple weeks later, I had 4 fabric poms.
  







 
I ordered these super cute tulle letters from Etsy (click here for listing)...
 
 
And got this super fabulous signed card for Mother's Day from Mr. Ben Harper himself.
 
                                                             AND IT'S COMPLETE!


Whew!!  I couldn't love it any more!  And here are some pictures of the sweet girl who will be occupying this space.
 

 
 
And her brother who is so glad she finally came out to play.  I am over the moon in love with these two!






No comments:

Post a Comment