Monday, August 15, 2011

Labor Music

I looked all over the internet for several months prior to my due date for songs that would be good to play during labor and, though I found a couple suggestions of artists, I didn’t ever find a good playlist like I was looking for.  So, I thought I’d share mine in case it may help anybody.  It’s all pretty mellow music, because dance jams aren’t really appropriate in the delivery room.  A lot of these are love songs meant for ‘lovers’ (I hate that word), but I’ve found it’s amazing how many of the verses or entire songs can actually be applied to my love for my new little man.  Anyway, here’s my list:

  1. Night Train – Amos Lee (Not really the best lyrics for a delivery, but I like the song)
  2. When I’m 64 – The Beatles
  3. Morning Yearning – Ben Harper
  4. Happy Ever After In Your Eyes – Ben Harper
  5. When She Believes – Ben Harper
  6. Burn One Down – Ben Harper (Okay, not the best lyrics at all for a delivery, but this is one of my favorite songs of his.  Not because I ‘burn one down’, just a great little beat.)
  7. Is This Love – Bob Marley & The Wailers
  8. No Woman, No Cry – Bob Marley & The Wailers (I had to smile a little when this song came on during the pain of labor.)
  9. Three Little Birds – Bob Marley & The Wailers
  10. Stir It Up – Bob Marley & The Wailers
  11. One Love – Bob Marley & The Wailers
  12. When Did You Fall in Love with Me – Chris Rice
  13. Arms – Christina Perri  ‘I never thought that you’d be the one to hold my heart.  But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start.’
  14. You’re the World to Me – David Gray 
  15. Banana Pancakes – Jack Johnson
  16. Questions – Jack Johnson
  17. Supposed to Be – Jack Johnson
  18. Do You Remember – Jack Johnson
  19. Better Together – Jack Johnson
  20. Talk of the Town – Jack Johnson & Kawika Kahiapo
  21. Lullaby- Jack Johnson & Matt Costa
  22. Better Man – James Morrison  'For you, I give my soul to keep.  You see me, love me, just the way I am.  For you, I am a better man.  I said you are the reason for everything that I do.  I'd be lost, so lost, without you.'
  23. You Give Me Something – James Morrison
  24. Coming Home – John Legend
  25. You and Tequila – Kenny Chesney & Grace Potter
  26. Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
  27. Kandi – One EskimO
  28. Good Life – OneRepublic
  29. Just Breathe – Pearl Jam
  30. Blackbird – Sarah Maclachlan

No comments:

Post a Comment