Monday, December 5, 2011

My Mom Rocks

I’m the type of person that always has to be up doing something (well, at least I was before baby) and there is no doubt I get that from my mother.  She came out last weekend for our annual Christmas shopping extravaganza and we shopped till we dropped.  Or, at least until Dustin had had enough father-son time.  (He called around 6:00 on Day 1 and couldn’t fathom that we weren’t done after 10 hours.  Seriously, honey, we’ve only just begun.)  So we shopped for 2 very full days and she bought me lots of great Christmas gifts and everything I picked up and considered buying for Keller she added to her shopping bag instead.  (And can I just say he is going to be one styling kid with his new baby Toms & baby Sperry’s.  Cutest things ever.  Let’s just hope he doesn’t have his dad’s Sperry allergy!)  She got us lunch and Starbucks everyday (which I’m really missing) and we reminisced about the good ol’ Christmas shopping days.  J

But what really makes her great is that even with all this shopping we did, she managed to be her usual busy-body self and decorate my house for Christmas, do a little dusting and vacuuming, do dishes and a bajillion loads of laundry (Yep, you read that right, a bajillion.  It’s a real number, look it up.), help take care of Keller & the four-legged children, and various other things that post-baby I just don’t get around to doing like I should.  And she even brought me out some dessert, which I don’t need but am eating it like I do.  And not to exclude Dustin, she made him some Chex mix.  She is so helpful and so willing to help and though I don’t tell her enough, I so appreciate everything she does for us.  Everyone should be so lucky to have a mom like mine.  Love you mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment