Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Obviously I'm New At This

A couple weeks ago, I bravely made the 3 hour trip back home all alone with my one month old.  Not only was this my first 3 hour trip alone with him, but my first time driving him anywhere farther than 5 minutes away, so I was sure it was going to be an adventure.  I’m thrilled to say the trip went very well.  He made little noises every so often to let me know he was still alive (and believe me I needed that reassurance). 

It was time for both of us to eat about halfway through our journey so I pulled over at a McDonald’s and got myself a little lunch and hopped in the back to feed us both.  I was about ¾ of the way done with my deliciously large sweet tea when the following conversation with myself runs through my head:

“Whew, I hope he’s done soon, I gotta pee.  (A few seconds pass.)  Hmm…I guess he can’t stay out in the car by himself.  How’s this gonna work?  I guess I’ll just have to take him in with me.  Wait.  How am I going to pee while I’m holding him?  Sheesh, I guess I’ll have to lug this car seat in.  Okay, but where’s his car seat going to go while I’m in the stall?  Well, maybe there’s a handicapped stall.  But what if there’s not or what if it’s dirty and I have to go into a normal sized stall?  I’m not big, but neither are bathroom stalls.  I’m not sure both me and him are going to fit…”

It was at this point I decided to quit stressing about it.  People do it all the time.  It can’t be that difficult.  I wouldn’t know though, because I opted to hold it the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment